Visa & Immigration
This visa is for persons who wish to enter the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR) for residence as dependants.
- For a sponsor who is a Hong Kong permanent resident or a resident who is not subject to a limit of stay (i.e. a resident with the right to land or on unconditional stay), the following dependants may apply to join him/her for residence in the HKSAR:
his/her unmarried dependent child under the age of 18; and
his/her parent aged 60 or above.
- For a sponsor who has been admitted into the HKSAR to take up employment (as a professional, for investment to establish/join in business, or for training) or studies (in a full-time undergraduate or post-graduate programme in a local degree-awarding institution), or who is permitted to remain in the HKSAR as an entrant under the Capital Investment Entrant Scheme or the Quality Migrant Admission Scheme, the following dependants may apply to join him/her for residence in the HKSAR:
his/her spouse; and
his/her unmarried dependent child under the age of 18.
From the Applicant
- The applicant’s identity proof documents (e.g. ID card, Passport);
- The applicant and the sponsor’s relationship proof documents (e.g. Marriage Certificate, Birth Certificate)
From the Sponsor
- The sponsor’s financial status proof documents (e.g. Bank Statements, Tax notes, Employment Confirmation Letter);
- The sponsor’s address proof (e.g. Rental Agreement, Rental receipts, Electric Bills)
It normally takes 6 to 8 weeks to process the application by The Immigration Department.