Admission Scheme for Mainland Talents and Professionals|
Quality Migrant Admission Scheme
Investment Based Visa (to establish / join in business)
This visa is part of the Employment Visa, which sets out for persons who wish to enter the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR) for investment under the General Employment Policy (GEP), i.e. to establish or join in business in the HKSAR.
An application for a visa/entry permit to enter the HKSAR for investment may be favourably considered if:
- there is no security objection and no known record of serious crime in respect of the applicant;
- the applicant has a good education background, normally a first degree in the relevant field, but in special circumstances, good technical qualifications, proven professional abilities and/or relevant experience and achievements supported by documentary evidence may also be accepted;
- the applicant is in a position to make substantial contribution to the economy of the HKSAR; and
- Overseas Chinese nationals holding People's Republic of China (PRC) passports who meet the criteria below and normal immigration requirements may also apply this visa if:
the applicant has permanent residence overseas; or
the applicant has been residing overseas for at least one year immediately before the submission of application ("overseas" means places outside the Mainland, the Macao SAR and Hong Kong SAR) and that the application is submitted from overseas.
The following are some of the elements for the Immigration Department to assess each of the application:
- The applicant must be the major shareholder of the business or the application will be considered as an employment visa.
- the applicant’s education background, proven professional abilities and/or relevant experience and achievements supported by documentary evidence that can compliance with the company's business in Hong Kong;
- the sponsor company’s financial status, direction, business plan in Hong Kong; and
- Gather all the above information and assess whether the applicant is in a position to make substantial contribution to the economy of the HKSAR.
Note: This scheme do not apply Chinese residents of the Mainland; and nationals of Afghanistan, Cambodia, Cuba, Laos, Korea (Democratic People's Republic of), Nepal and Vietnam.
From the Applicant
- The applicant’s CV (Curriculum Vitae)
Including his/her academic achievements, reference letter or documents that can prove for the past working experience.
From the Sponsor Company
- Introduction of the company (Including Company Background, scope of the business/product description, detailed organization chart of the company);
- Company’s Business Plan (Including Business Development Plan, Development Plan within Hong Kong Market, Human Resources Allocation Plan, Financial Plan etc.)
It normally takes 4 to 6 weeks to process the application by The Immigration Department, but there might be some more questions raise by The Immigration Department, therefore it is possible to take around few months for the whole process.